Next Gen Talent Development Coordinator
Ukie (UK Interactive Entertainment), in partnership with Creative Skillset, is looking to hire a Talent Development Programme Coordinator.
The UK’s interactive entertainment industry is one of the biggest in the world, offering world-class creative talent, sector leading sales and the development of the latest digital technology and business models.
Ukie is the industry body that represents the games and wider interactive industry in the UK. Creative Skillset is the games industry’s sector skills council. Both share the goal of creating a Programme of activity that supports and grows young talent and builds better links and cross over between the games industry and up and coming talent – from secondary school to graduates, to early stage young entrepreneurs. This Programme is designed to dovetail with the ongoing policy led work under the Ukie led Next Gen Skills campaign.
The role will therefore be jointly funded by Ukie and Creative Skillset.
This is an opportunity for an experienced individual to contribute to the Next Gen Talent Development Programme’s aims of:
- Delivering activity and resources to support opportunities and ambitions of upcoming games industry talent
- Developing and communicating industry wide careers, education and training opportunities
- Monitoring and communicating the latest developments in games careers, education and training
- Maintaining the flow of high quality graduates into the UK’s games industry
- Identify, co-ordinate and measure the activities as part of the newly formed Talent Development Programme which currently includes (not exhaustively):
- creating a Ukie Student membership scheme
- relaunching the Video Games Ambassadors (VGA) scheme
- scoping the potential development of placement/intern schemes
- scoping the development of a programme for teacher training support
- identifying, commissioning and marketing educator support (eg resources) material to support Programme goals
- supporting the creation of a mentoring scheme - and developing a jobs board/talent matchmaking service for industry
- Coordinate relationships and partnerships between Ukie and third parties, including the Video Games Skills Council, SME and large companies, educational institutions and Ukie members, other potential funding bodies and interest groups
- Assisting in building and driving the process for capturing and sharing best practice in talent related thinking and projects
Desired qualifications and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the games industry. Experience of working with the education sector would also be preferable
- They would ideally have experience in communicating and building relationships outside the industry, e.g. in partnership with academic institutions
- Able to multi-task and prioritise accordingly
- Project co-ordination skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable, and able to work with people at different levels and different businesses
- Confident and clear communicator
- Proactive self-starter
This role will be based in Central London.
Length of contract: Ukie and Creative Skillset are looking to employ someone on a fixed term contract for 6 months (37.5 hours a week). Flexible working hours will be considered.
Remuneration: Salary will be £30k per annum (pro-rated as per contract).
Anyone interested in applying please send a CV and coverning letter to email@example.com . Closing date for applications is Friday 23 November.